Academic Advisor Assignment
Most undergraduate engineering students have a principal advisor. Find your principal advisor by logging in to My ASU and clicking on the blue “Academic Advising” link in the “Academic Support Team box. Tempe undergraduate students have either NEST or SOAR focused advisors.
Newly admitted SCAI students (first-year and transfer) will meet with academic advisors from our NEST advising group. NEST academic advisors specialize in helping new SCAI students navigate their first year at ASU. During their first year at ASU, new students are presented with unique opportunities and challenges. The SCAI NEST academic advisors specialized their training and knowledge to help new students take advantage of these unique opportunities and overcome the unique challenges. Working with the NEST advisors, new SCAI students will establish a strong foundation that will serve them through graduation!
SCAI students who have established a solid foundation for success after completing a year of ASU coursework will meet with our SOAR advising group. SOAR academic advisors specialize in helping continuing SCAI students establish and achieve their academic goals. ASU, Fulton Engineering, and SCAI have an indescribable number of resources available to help students achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals. Identifying and taking advantage of these resources can at times be difficult and confusing for students. The SOAR academic advisors have the specific knowledge and training to help students take advantage of these resources and set themselves on a path to success!
When do I need to see my SCAI advisor?
Students are required to meet with an advisor during their first two semesters in order to be eligible to register. After that, students will not be required to meet with an advisor, although it is highly recommended that students check in with advising at a minimum of once per year. After
There are a multitude of other reasons as to why a student would want to meet with an academic advisor, Here are some common reasons:
- To gain a better understanding of program requirements.
- To create a personalized four year study plan.
- If you are unsure or having any trouble that you need guidance with choosing classes: ensuring one is “on track,” sequencing correctly within the degree, meeting degree requirements, and meeting graduation requirements.
- Help identifying resources. Academic advisors are well versed in the resources available to students at ASU. If you need assistance but don’t know where to start an advisor can help point you in the correct direction.
- Help completing petitions, appeals, an other university forms.
SCAI Academic Advising Center at Tempe campus
Centerpoint, Suite 105
660 S. Mill Ave.
Tempe, AZ 85281
8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-5 p.m.
SCAI Academic Advising Center at Polytechnic campus and ASU Online
Picacho Hall, Suite 245
7151 E. Sonoran Arroyo Mall
Mesa, AZ, 85212
8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-5 p.m.