Message regarding academic advising and COVID-19
The health of the Sun Devil community is a top priority at ASU. In a university-wide effort to recognize and proactively address concerns surrounding the novel corona virus (COVID-19), advisors will continue to work with students remotely via Zoom as well as in person. Graduate and undergraduate advisors are available during our regular business hours, Monday – Friday 8AM – 5PM Arizona time.
We offer express advising during the first few weeks of school in order to help as many students as possible. Express advising will be available exclusively via Zoom for the start of the Fall 2021 semester. For information on Express Advising, to view the Express Advising schedule, and to sign into Express Advising (during scheduled Express hours) please go to http://links.asu.edu/CIDSEexpress.
CIDSE Advising appointments will be regularly available via zoom, phone and in person following the first two weeks of school by going to https://fultonapps.asu.edu/advising/calendar/. We are committed to being able to continually support all of our students during this stressful time.
- Calls from the advising staff may come from unknown numbers as various technologies are being utilized to make outbound calls to students.
- Emails may take up to 48 hours (2 business days) for responses during this time period. Please avoid sending duplicate emails as it keeps me from getting through all of your inquiries in a timely manner. Also, please ensure that you are including your ASU ID in every email if you would like a timely response.
Please visit the ASU COVID-19 website for continuous updates on corona virus implications for ASU: https://eoss.asu.edu/health/announcements/coronavirus
Tempe/Poly Campus CIDSE Advising Appointments
Current students can make an appointment with an academic advisor through the online advising appointment scheduling tool. Follow the steps below:
- Go to https://fultonapps.asu.edu/advising/ to access the Advising Appointment Scheduling Tool.
- Select “Current Student” if you have an ASU ID, or “Prospective Student” if you do not have an ASU ID.
- If you are an entering Freshman, you will meet with your academic advisor at Orientation. Go to ASU Student Orientation http://students.asu.edu/orientation.
- Log in with your ASURITE User ID and Password. Select your program from the dropdown list on the left side of the page.
- To view available appointments, select your academic advisor from the dropdown menu. Choose an open appointment slot that fits your schedule by clicking on “Make Appointment”.
- Enter the information requested and click on “Make Appointment” to reserve the time. A confirmation email will be sent to your ASU email account.
- Indicate if you prefer a phone appointment. Your advisor will call you at the time of your scheduled appointment with the exception of students outside of the United States. We cannot make international calls; students from other countries will need to call our office number for their scheduled appointment.
- Check your appointment time, or cancel or reschedule an appointment through the online appointment scheduling tool.
Prospective CIDSE students, or CIDSE students who need assistance scheduling an appointment, can call the respective CIDSE Academic Advising Center for their program of interest during regular business hours (8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 5 pm, Monday through Friday).
Online Student Advising
Online students can schedule a phone or video appointment with their advisor in lieu of a face to face meeting. Online students should schedule their appointment times during the time slots designated for Online Students. If you need an appointment at a different time please call 480-727-3520 to schedule your appointment. Your advisor will call you at the time of your scheduled appointment with the exception of students outside of the United States. We cannot make international calls; students from other countries will need to call our office number for their scheduled appointment (480-727-3520).
Prospective CIDSE Online students can call 480-727-3520 to schedule an appointment for the program of their interest.
Express Advising/Open-Door Advising
The CIDSE Advising Center always has express/open-door Advising during certain times of the year including peak times during the start of the fall and spring semesters. Additional express/open-door advising hours may be scheduled throughout the semester, which will be listed on the online scheduling calendar.
For express/open-door advising, students will be seen on a first come first serve basis. Express/open-door advising is intended for quick questions, routine check-ins, and time sensitive issues. Express/open-door advising meetings that exceed 15 minutes may be asked to schedule a follow-up advising appointment.
Preparing for a meeting with your advisor
- Be ready to discuss your situation, plans, and goals with an open mind.
- Be honest with your advisor and yourself.
- Be prepared to discuss the information you have gathered that is relevant to your goals for the meeting.
- Ask questions! This is your chance to find out everything you ever wanted to know about your situation at ASU.
- Make sure you leave with copies of notes taken and materials given to you during your appointment.
- Prospective Graduate and Undergraduate Transfer Students: Please bring a copy of your transcripts with you or forward a copy to the advisor before your scheduled appointment.
CIDSE Academic Advising Center at Tempe campus
Centerpoint, Suite 105
660 S. Mill Ave.
Tempe, AZ 85281
8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-5 p.m.
CIDSE Academic Advising Center at Polytechnic campus and ASU Online
Picacho Hall, Suite 245
7151 E. Sonoran Arroyo Mall
Mesa, AZ, 85212
8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-5 p.m.